The Pelco EE564-24B-US EnduraXpress 64-CH Network Video Recorder (24TB) combines the performance, reliability, and robustness of an enterprise-class, mission-critical storage management system. It offers ease of installation and management that is critical for delivering a cost-effective solution to small-scale installations.
The demands of surveillance applications place unique strains on storage subsystems. Storage systems require the bandwidth and capacity to keep up with incoming streams. They must also simultaneously manage all other common disk and RAID functions. Additionally, physical security applications are typically mission critical. Any downtime, degraded performance for routine maintenance, or loss of recorded footage is extremely disruptive to the organization’s physical security mission.
The EE564 EnduraXpress NVR is engineered to meet these unique performance and reliability demands. Custom hardware components have been specifically designed to deliver sustained high throughput for recording and playback. The NVR can handle a maximum of 250 Mbps of sustained write throughput across 32 or 64 streams and an additional 32 simultaneous playback streams. This performance is maintained whether the system is operating under normal conditions, dealing with disk drive errors, or rebuilding the RAID array.
The Pelco NVR improves the total cost of ownership and energy efficiency by consolidating disparate components into a single chassis. The integration of the recording server, recording software, and storage array into a highly optimized chassis can easily support standard resolution and megapixel camera recording workloads.The purpose-built, highly optimized design reduces annual operating costs by eliminating the cost of additional servers and the associated heating, ventilation, and cooling requirements they introduce.
Reliability is enhanced through the use of redundancy at all common failure points. A CompactFlash card hosts the operating system for higher reliability over traditional hard disk drives. To mitigate any downtime resulting from CompactFlash errors, the database is striped across the storage array. The RAID 6 storage configuration provides double parity protection of recorded data. The hard drive bay is cooled through the use of high-capacity redundant fans to ensure that the drives are kept at an optimum operating temperature. Finally, fully redundant power supplies guard against any power supply failure.
As with any other system, maintenance is an important and vital part of sustained operation. The EE564 EnduraXpress NVR incorporates various innovations to make maintenance more efficient and to allow the system to continue operating at peak performance levels. Easy access to hard disk drives and the CompactFlash card is available from the front panel. A unique rail system allows access to a failed fan should it need to be replaced. Temperature sensors throughout the chassis detect possible airflow obstruction or clogged intake filters. The use of enterprise-class SAS technology provides advanced enclosure management and monitoring. Notifications of potential or actual issues are transmitted to the specified user interfaces for action through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) messages and traps If additional storage capacity is required, the capacity can be expanded using third-party storage arrays with an optional fiber channel interface.
The EE564 EnduraXpress NVR incorporates a wizard-driven installation procedure that guides the integrator through a step-by-step installation, which automates most processes. The integrated Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server provides DHCP addresses to IP cameras or client workstations. The integrated network time protocol manager can be directed at a network time server, or it can act as the time source for all cameras and client workstations on the network.The deterministic performance of the hardware and software combination allows integrators to easily estimate, size, and configure the system to meet their storage and performance requirements.
Cameras connected with the EE564 EnduraXpress NVR are viewed through a PC running the supplied Endura workstation client software. The software provides access to all operation and configuration features in a unified, intuitive graphical user interface. The interface utilizes drag and drop operations, keyboard shortcuts, built-in ToolTips, and online help to enable the most direct, intuitive interactions with cameras and components distributed across the network. In addition, operators can add Endura viewing devices such as VCD5202 for virtual-matrix style control and network decoders to build out a monitor wall for surveillance operations. Finally, the optional mapping interface allows for a comprehensive view of the entire facility with integrated alarm monitoring and visual verification capabilities.
The EE564 EnduraXpress NVR software easily accommodates standard resolution, high definition (HD), and megapixel camera sources. It decodes MPEG-4 and H.264 (Baseline, Main, and High profiles), and includes the following: support for Zone of Interest; direct PTZ control and digital zoom; alarm management; the option of utilizing camera sources with intelligent video content analysis at the edge; efficient search and export mechanisms; and a complete administration and configuration console.
The EE564 EnduraXpress NVR includes built-in support for Pelco IP Cameras. Third-party cameras can be added using an optional UDI5000-CAM universal device interface. Additional user interfaces, including network decoders and virtual console displays, can be added to expand viewing capabilities into a fully virtual matrix. As the needs for the physical security system change over time, the EE564 EnduraXpress NVR can be integrated with an Endura system to provide for unrestricted scalability and expandability to support more cameras and greater retention.
- Recording throughput up to 250 Mbps meets demanding performance requirements for write-intensive applications
- Hardware designed to eliminate single points of failure, including redundant fans, Power supplies and RAID 6 storage for optimum reliabilit
- Built-in EnduraStor storage management increases storage efficiency by grooming recorded streams based on age and priority
- Ability to serve 32 simultaneous playback streams
- Performance levels maintained in normal and RAID error conditions
- Built-in diagnostic monitoring provides preventative maintenance and SNMP monitoring
- Software runs on a standard PC with Microsoft Windows XP Professional and 32-Bit versions of Windows Vista Business, Ultimate or Enterprise Operating Systems
- Ships with 2 Endura WS5200 software licenses
- Support for standard resolution and Megapixel resolution cameras
- Support for MPEG-4, H.264 Baseline, Main, and High-Profile codecs
- Zone of interest allows independent view and management of specified areas within a camera's field of view in live or playback views
- Digital zoom in live or playback views
- Convenient tear-off options to customize display
- EnduraView technology mitigates CPU processing requirements and network bandwidth consumption for multiscreen configuration
- Integrated configuration and administration interface provides full-management capability for all components
- On-Screen Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) controls including click to center and PTZ to selected area
- Advanced search capabilities including motion, alarm, event, and camera
- Integrated Event and Alarm Monitoring and Management Interface
- Supports expandability and scalability through Integration with the Endura IP Video Management System (VMS)