The Muxlab 500031 CCTV Modular RCA Balun is a video transceiver balun that allows a single CCTV or similar composite baseband video signal to be transmitted via a single Cat3/5E/6 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable, eliminating the need for bulky coaxial cable. Providing a hassle-free cabling solution, it connects to CCTV security / surveillance equipment that includes analog CCTV cameras, video servers (encoders & decoders), video switchers, sequencers, multiplexers, & DVRs. The balun can also be used with other composite baseband video equipment such as DVD players, cable set top boxes, media servers and audio-video monitors.
The MuxLab 500031 CCTV Modular RCA Balun is used in pairs to transmit standard composite video and supports transmission of color signals up to 1,200 feet via Cat3; it can be extended to 2,200 feet via Cat5/5E or better. For b&w signals, the maximum transmission distance is up to 1,500 feet via Cat3; it can be extended up to 2,500 feet via Cat5/6. The RCA balun uses RJ-45 reverse polarity sensitive contacts with a configuration of Pin 7 (Ring) and Pin 8 (Tip).
Made of fire retardant ABS plastic, the compact modular balun measures 1.75" x 0.75" x 1.00" (4.44 x 1.9 x 2.54 cm), and features low return loss that ensures maximum power transfer with no line faults between the input and output. Besides using Cat3/5/6 as a cost-effective alternative to coaxial cabling, the balun also makes changes / additions to modular outlet connections faster and easier.
- Eliminates 75 Ohm coaxial cable
- Transmits video via inexpensive Cat3/5E/6 UTP cable
- Color signals up to 1,200 feet via Cat3
- Color signals up to 2,200 feet via Cat5 or higher
- B&W signals up to 1,500 feet via Cat3
- B&W signals up to 2,500 feet via Cat5 or higher
- Built-in cable strain relief
- Fire retardant ABS plastic enclosure
- Compact design - 1.75" x 0.75" x 1.00" (4.44 x 1.90 x 2.54 cm)