These IFS 4-Port Ethernet to Coax/TP Industrial Media Converters are high-performance modules that combine two well-proven technologies-Ethernet and VDSL2-providing a cost-effective solution for utilizing an existing telephone cable* or coax cable infrastructure when migrating from analog to an Ethernet/IP system. The MC251-4P/1CXT model provides full IEEE802.3-af (15.4w) on each individual 4 RJ45 ports and serves as a PSE device.
These modules provide plug-and-play installation and can be used in combination for either telephone cable or coax cable installations. These modules can also be used with the MCR200-1T/CX over coax only for rack mount installations at the head-end.
The one box design allows for easy set-up as either a client-side (CPE) or central-side (CO) operating device. The module is IEEE 802.3 compliant and supports multiple network protocols. In addition, the module provides on-board feature-rich diagnostic LEDs.
These IFS 4-Port Ethernet/PoE-af to Coax/TP Industrial Media Converters can extend Ethernet transmission up to .87 miles (1.4km) on standard telephone (POTS) type cable or 1.49 miles (2.4km) on coaxial cable. Performance is based on bandwidth requirements and quality of the cable used.
- Cost-effective VDSL2 CO/CPE bridge solution
- One-box design, CO/CPE selectable via DIP-switch
- Selectable target data rate and target SNR margin
- Discrete Multi-Tone (DMT) line coding
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- Auto-negotiation and auto-MDI/MDI-X
- Half-duplex back pressure and IEEE802.3x full-duplex pause-frame flow control
- Supports up to 1536 bytes packet size
- 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
- Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af
- Inserts 48VDC (15.4w) power on Category network cable
- Protects non-PoE devices if accidentally connected
- Installation & Diagnostics
- Plug-and-play installation
- Compact size
- Supports twisted-pair telephone wires (24AWG Minimum)
- Supports 50 or 75 ohm coax
- Extensive LED indicators for network diagnostics
- Robust Hardened Design
- Slim IP30 metal enclosure
- DIN-rail or wall-mounting
- 24 ~ 48VDC or 24VAC Operation
- Redundant power with reverse-polarity protection
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.