The FS85011A fiber transmitter is designed for quick and easy installation into the back box of Spectra III™ and Spectra® IV domes or can be included as part of an ExSite® explosionproof positioning system at the factory. The FS85011A transmitter provides the ability to send one unidirectional composite video channel and one bidirectional RS-422 data channel over one optical fiber. In addition, patentpending technology provides the solution for allowing Coaxitron® pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) control data to be transmitted the full distance of the fiber. Available in multimode and single-mode versions, the FS85011A transmitter is compatible with the FR85011A/FR85011 receiver. A jumper on the FS85011A transmitter provides the unique capability to select RS-422 or Coaxitron data communication. The selection of RS-422 data communication allows PTZ control of the Spectra III/ Spectra IV dome or of the ExSite positioning system. With Coaxitron control, PTZ control signals are transmitted over video coaxial cable from the controller to the FR85011A/FR85011 receiver. The receiver then transmits the Coaxitron data onto the fiber to the FS85011A transmitter. The Coaxitron data is transmitted from the controller to the Spectra III/Spectra IV dome or to the ExSite positioning system during the vertical blanking interval of the video signal. The FS85011A transmitter operates using power supplied from the Spectra III/Spectra IV dome or from the ExSite positioning system.
- Designed for Use in Spectra III™ and Spectra® IV Domes and in the ExSite® Explosionproof Positioning System
- 8-Bit Digitally Encoded Video for High-Quality Video Transmission over a Single Fiber
- Bidirectional RS-422 Data Channel or Coaxitron® Communication
- Patent-Pending Transmission Technology Allowing Coaxitron Control at Full-Distance Capabilities
- Compatible with the FR85011A/FR85011 Fiber Receiver
- Integrated Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) in a Single Fiber
- Multimode Fiber Support for Distances up to 6 km
- Single-Mode Fiber Support for Distances up to 46 km
- Laser Diode for Transmission of Optical Signals
- Exceeds All Requirements for the RS-250C Medium-Haul Transmission Specification
- Compatible with NTSC, PAL, and SECAM Video Standards
- No Performance Adjustments Required
- LED Indicator for Monitoring of Signal Status
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.