The Dual Technology readers combine the ability to read ProxLite® , proximity and standard magstripe badges in one badge reader. There are two models available: Model 1000, a proximity magstripe reader; and Model 1010, which includes a 12-key tactile keypad. In each case, the one-piece reader housing is molded from rugged and maintenance-free polycarbonate. The gray housing blends readily with a wide range of decors. Both readers include a functional self-test on power-up and self-tuning. As a result, the readers will automatically adjust to local site conditions that affect reader operation. The Model 1010 keypad works equally well with either proximity or magstripe badges. In each case, PIN (Personal Identification Number) entry follows a valid badge read for two-factor security, as indicated by a steady light from the yellow LED. In keypad mode, up to 10-digits can be entered. Reader-to-microcontroller communication supervision is field configurable via a jumper located on the reader. Either supervised or non-supervised F/2F or Wiegand operation may be selected. In supervised mode, if communication is lost with the microcontroller, the red LED blinks three times, and automatically goes offline (breach security feature).
- Reads GE proximity, ProxLite badges, and key tags
- Reads standard magstripe badge with ABA format on track 2
- Available with or without a keypad
- Maximum proximity read range: 10 cm
- Self-test upon power-up
- Self-tuning; optimizes reader operation to site conditions
- Selectable supervised and non-supervised reader-to-microcontroller communication
- Weather-resistant enclosure
- Phoenix-style pluggable field wiring connector makes reader exchange quick and easy
- Standard DB-9 connector is plug compatible with IBM-5029 reader wiring
- Optional cold weather heater kit is available
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.