There are many sex offenders or child predators in the US nowadays, and they can be living in any locality within the country. The chances of one being located in your neighborhood is almost certain. Understandably, it can be worrisome for parents to have a sex offender or child predator living in their neighborhood where children spend a lot of time without the company of their parents; walking or cycling home from school or playing with friends.
Fortunately, there is a lot that a parent can do about this situation. Parents should try to find out if there are any sex offenders in their neighborhood, so that they can take the necessary measures to ensure their children’s safety. They can make friends with their neighbors and form a sex offender watchdog community to provide protection for all the children in the neighborhood. Here are some websites that offer valuable information on various ways to protect children from sex offenders. Sex Offender Registries
- Information about Sex Offender Registries: An article that discusses the effectiveness of sex offender registries as a public safety tool.
- Family Watchdog Sex Offender Search: Provides information about sex offenders as well as a search tool to help people locate sex offenders in their neighborhoods.
- Sex Offender Registries: Records of sex offenders in various localities in the US.
- Review of Sex Offender Registries: A side-by-side comparison of the best sex offender registries in the US.
- Sex Offender Alert Registry: Sex offender search tool from the National Alert Registry.
- Sex Offender Registries by State: List of sex offender registries in different states in the US.
- Sex Offender Registry Resources: Resource page with links to websites with sex offender databases.
State Statutes and Laws
- Megan’s Law Information: An article that provides information about Megan’s Law, a law that seeks to deter the criminal activities of sex offenders.
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act: A detailed discussion on the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
- No Parole for Sex Offenders: A bill that is passed to the House of Representatives to suggest the implementation of a no-parole law for sex offenders.
- Sex Offender Laws FAQ: Frequently asked questions about the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
- Statutory Rape Laws by State: Information about statutory rape laws in different states.
- Guide to Statutory Rape Laws: A guide to state laws and reporting of statutory rape.
- State Statutes and Sex Offender Registries: A list of links to sex offender statutes and registries in US states.
- Information about Sex Offenders: Comprehensive information about sex offenders as well as tips on how to obtain sex offender information from the police.
- Talking to Kids about Sex Offenders: Tips on how to talk to children about sex offenders in the neighborhood.
- Home Surveillance Cameras: Site that offers a number of home and professional surveillance equipment.
- Safety Tips Against Sex Offenders: Useful tips to help parents protect their children from sex offenders.
- Sex Offender Safety Tips for Parents: Advice on how to prevent children from becoming the victims of sex offenders.
- Sex Offender Family Watchdog FAQ: Frequently asked questions about family watchdogs against sex offenders.
- Sex Offender Articles: Information and articles about sex offenders.
- Stop Sex Offenders Resources: A resource page with links to websites that offer tips on how to stop sex offenders.