The VSI-PRO is a video to serial Interface. It overlays serial data to a video signal, typically from a cash register, but can be used for many other devices such as weigh bridges, speed cameras, cash counting devices, etc. The VSI-PRO translates data from transactions at the cash register and overlays this information as text onto the video images from the CCTV system. This information is permanently embedded onto the images, and therefore cannot be tampered with. The combination of cash register data and CCTV images makes it easy to identify suspicious transactions such as the example on the left. A quick review of the footage shows that this kind of transaction is easily discovered. Without the VSI-PRO this transaction would have gone undetected as neither a review of the CCTV footage or the till receipts alone would anyone have identified this. In addition the VSI-PRO not only captures this information, but allows the user to set up alarms on specific transactions, products, or invidual members of staff. The transactions are then fully searchable and depending on the set-up and can be reviewed at the touch of a button without viewing hours of surveillance.
- Works with existing DVR or VCR based recording system
- Built in “Suspect Sale” history
- Compatible with most cash registers / POS systems worldwide
- Permanently embeds the transaction data into video
- Now with direct DVR search
- Controls PTZ, Matrix, and DVRs
- By BradAVE VSI-PRO-V13 model 102001
Value Quality Price
- AVE 102001 VSI-PRO-V13, Cash Register Interface Programmable
"This product is indispensable if you need it, and otherwise probably best to avoid. Setting up the unit is tricky and may require contacting tech support. Once set up, however, it works well.
IMHO much of the equipment that supports gas station registers is held together with chewing gum and band-aids. When it works things are fine. .But when things go wrong, troubleshooting and fixing problems is difficult and time consuming.
* Contact the manufacturer first to make sure the version is compatible with your register
* Write down the configuration information once you get it set up - including the register and the text inserter. Eventually the power will glitch and you will need to re-program something.
* Fasten boxes and cables well (but easy to modify) and use restraints to protect delicate cables. The register environment is dirty, messy, and easy to disturb
As far as Surveillance-video.com, the process and experience, was great! So was the price!"
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.