The NVT Model NV-418A Dual Video/Audio Transceiver is a passive (non-amplified) device that allows transmission of real-time monochrome or color video and audio over Unshielded Twisted-Pair (UTP) telephone wire. Baseband (composite) signals of any type are supported.
The unparalleled interference rejection and low emissions of the Model NV-418A allow video signals to co-exist in the same wire bundle as telephone, datacom, or low-voltage power circuits. This allows the use of a shared or existing cable plant. "Up-the-coax" type signal may be sent over the same wire pair.
The NV-418A comes with an RJ45 patch-cord. For rack-mounting, use the NV-418AR with the NV-RM15 rack system.
Applications include Security/Surveillance, Video Distribution, Video Conferencing, or Distance Learning.
- Dual Full-motion monochrome or color video and audio at distances up to: 750ft (225m) when used with another NV-418A and 3,000ft (1km) when used with an active receiver such as the NV-518A
- Built-in transient protection
- Exceptional interference rejection
- Supports "up-the-coax" type control signals
- Frequency Response DC to 10 MHz
- RJ45 and RCA jack connections
- Limited lifetime warranty