The NVT NV-EC1701U Ethernet over 2-wire Transceiver with PoE Power is a compact media converter that allows 10/100 BaseT Ethernet and PoE or PoE+ power to be transmitted using a 18/2 cable or similar. This device is typically used in legacy installations where an existing 18/2 cable is re-used as part of an upgrade to IP devices. Up to 48 or 56VDC class 2 power is delivered to a transceiver, which distributes it to multiple remote transceivers and their PoE or PoE+ devices.
This transceiver is simple to use, with no IP or MAC addressing required. The status LEDs indicate power and link connectivity/activity for RJ-45 and 2-wire ports. The NV-EC1701U Eo2 transceiver transmits high bandwidth encrypted Ethernet signals over conventional 2-wire cables.
The NV-EC1701U transceiver provides transparent, end-to-end 10-BaseT or 100-BaseT connectivity with auto detection and auto-crossover. This means that IP cameras or other devices may be installed at one end, and the data is transparently delivered to the other end.
Wire distances up to 1,500’ (450m) are supported, although local power (sold separately) may be required for extended distances. The NV-EC1701U supports TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, Multi-cast, and other standard protocols. This allows for the transmission of other network traffic besides streaming video.
- Transmits 10/100 BaseT Full Duplex Ethernet up to 1,000' (305m) over 4-pair cat5; 750' (228m) over 18/2 (or similar 2-wire cable); 500' (150m) over shielded twisted-pair 1
- 48 or 56VDC is distributed over 2-wire cable to all connected IP devices
- Powers PoE entry stations (or other PoE or PoE+ devices), up to 60W 2
- One NVT Eo2 transceiver at the network-end can support multiple remote Eo2 transceivers and connected devices 3
- Up to 4 Eo2 transceivers can be rack mounted on an NV-RMEC16U Eo2 Rack Mount Tray Kit, connecting up to 16 entry stations or other devices
- Easy configuration, no PC required
- Transparently supports all networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, HTTP, Multicast with IGMP, and more)
- Advanced 128-bit AES encrypted transmission and PoE+ power technology
- Built-in transient protection; Industrial temperature range
- UL-Listed to IEC/UL 60950-1
- Complies with FCC part 15B limits
- RoHS compliant
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.