The NVT Model NV-518A Dual Video/Audio Transceiver contains one amplified receiver that allows transmission of real-time monochrome or color video and audio over Unshielded Twisted-Pair (UTP) telephone wire. An additional passive port is included allowing the support of bi-directional video, or as a second receive path up to 750ft (225m). Alternately, the ports may be combined to allow the NV-518A to function as a repeater. Baseband (composite) signals of any type are supported.
The unparalleled interference rejection and low emissions of the Model NV-518A allow video signals to co-exist in the same wire bundle as telephone, datacom, or low-voltage power circuits. This allows the use of a shared or existing cable plant. Video signals traveling in opposite directions in the same wire bundle are limited to 1,000ft (300m) over Category 2 or 3, and 2,000ft (600m) over Category 5 or better wire.
The NV-518A comes with an RJ45 patch-cord and power supply. For rack-mounting, use the NV-518AR with the NV-RM15 rack system.
- Dual full-motion monochrome or color video and audio
- Distances up to 3,000ft (1km) when used with a passive transceiver
- Exceptional interference rejection
- Built-in transient protection and ground lifting
- Built-in brightness and sharpness controls, Power LED and Active LED
- Frequency Response DC to 10 MHz
- BNC, 1/4" Phone and RJ45 jack connections
- May be used as a repeater for one way video/audio applications
- Limited lifetime warranty
See any errors on this page? Let us know.