The IFS Ethernet to Coax Media Converter is a high-performance module that combines two well-proven technologies-Ethernet and VDSL2- providing a cost-effective solution for utilizing an existing coax cable infrastructure when migrating from analog to an Ethernet/IP system.
This module must be used in pairs and provides plug-and-play installation. The one box design allows for easy set-up as either a client-side (CPE) or central-side (CO) operating device. The module is IEEE 802.3 compliant and supports multiple network protocols. In addition, the module provides on-board feature-rich diagnostic LEDs and can be used with either 50 or 75 ohm coax.
The IFS Ethernet-over-Coax media converter can extend Ethernet transmission up to 1.8 miles (3km) depending on bandwidth requirements and quality of the coaxial cable used. Also, depending on distance and bandwidth, these modules can send data from multiple IP devices when used along with a network switch. These modules can be used for applications such as IP cameras, IP access control, IP intercom, or any Ethernet data transmission.
- One-box design, CO/CPE selectable via DIP-switch
- Selectable target data rate and target SNR margin
- Discrete Multi-Tone (DMT) line coding
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet
- Auto-negotiation and auto-MDI/MDI-X
- Half-duplex back pressure and IEEE802.3x full-duplex pause-frame flow control
- Supports up to 1536 Bytes packet size
- 802.1Q VLAN tag transparent
- Installation & Diagnostics
- Plug-and-play installation
- Compact size
- Supports 50 or 75 Ohm coax
- Extensive LED indicators for network diagnostics
- Rack Mountable
- Compatible with MCR-R15 rack chassis
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Required Power Supply
- Interlogix PS5VDC2A-US 5VDC/2A Wall-Mount Power Supply
See any errors on this page? Let us know.