The IFS Fiber to Ethernet Media Converters with PoE Injectors provide a cost-effective solution for deploying remote PoE powered edge devices with optical fiber.
Ethernet data can be transmitted up to 15km to a remote location depending on model and optic fiber used. At the remote location, the module can be installed near a power source and injects 48VDC PoE power to transmit simultaneously with the Ethernet data over Category network cable for the last 100 meters to the remote PoE edge device.
In addition, these modules utilize a high performance Store-and-Forward architecture with IEEE 802.3x Flow Control (Full-Duplex) preventing packet loss. With the LFP (Link Fault Pass-through) function (LLCF/LLR) enabled, the module also provides an efficient method of alerting network administers of any link problems.
These modules are an inexpensive and efficient way to eliminate extra AC wiring and reduce the need for dedicated electrical outlets in walls, ceilings or any unreachable place, providing optimized power management for IP-based surveillance cameras, wireless access points (WAP) or any remote network edge device application.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- Auto-negotiation and MDI/MDI-X
- Store-and-Forward architecture
- Supports maximum frame size to 1600 Bytes
- IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow control, back pressure in half-duplex to eliminate packet loss
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af
- Inserts 48 VDC (15.4 W) power on Category network cable
- Protects non-PoE devices if accidentally connected
- Multi-mode or single mode versions
- Distances up to 15km
- Installation & Diagnostics
- Plug-and-play installation
- Compact size
- Auto Loop Back Test function
- LED indicators offer simple network diagnosis
- Link Fault Pass through function for remote alarm notification
See any errors on this page? Let us know.