The DED2500-EM from GE Security is a Serial to Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100 Transmitter & 100Fx MM. The IFS DED2500 series data transceiver supports bi-directional data transmission over multimode, singlemode optical fiber, or electrical. The modules are compatible with RS-232, and 2-wire or 4-wire RS-485 data interfaces and all major data protocols. The unit converts common standard serial data to Ethernet data to be transported over Ethernet net - works. Web based configuration ensures ease of installation requiring no electrical or optical adjustments. Each transceiver incorporates status indicating LED’s for monitoring of proper system operation. The modules are available in stand-alone only.
- Digitally Encoded Data Transceiver
- Supports RS-232, or RS-485 (2-wire or 4-wire) Data Interfaces
- Data Rates to 115,200 bps
- Web Based Configuration
- Designed to Meet Full Compliance with the Environmental
- Requirements (Ambient Operating Temperature, Mechanical
- Shock, Vibration, Humidity with Condensation, High-Line
- Low-Line Voltage Conditions and Transient Voltage Protection
- Signal Control Equipment
- No In-field Electrical or Optical Adjustments Required
- LED Status Indicators For Monitoring All Critical Operating Parameters
- Automatic Resettable Fuses on all Power Lines
- Distances up to 28 Miles (45 km)
See any errors on this page? Let us know.