The MuxLab 500010 VGA Balun allows VGA video signals to be transmitted up to 450 feet (137 meters) via a 4-pair Cat 5e/6 twisted pair cable for more cost-effective and versatile cabling. Used in pairs, the VGA Balun eliminates costly and bulky VGA cables, enabling VGA monitors to be connected at extended distances from the PC via standard Cat 5e/6 twisted pair cable. Used in pairs, one VGA Balun (500010) connects to the VGA source (i.e. output) and one VGA Balun (500011 or 500014) connects to the VGA destination (i.e. monitor input). The VGA Balun transmits the RGB video, horizontal and vertical synchronization pulses. Since the VGA Balun is a passive device and uses only 8 wires, it does not support VGA handshaking/control signals.
- Eliminates bulky VGA cable
- No power required
- Up to 1,024 x 768 (XGA) up to 250 feet (76 meters)
- Includes HD15 Plug (connects to VGA output), 6" lead
- Fire retardant ABS plastic enclosure
- Compact design - 2.40" x 2.25" x 1.00"
See any errors on this page? Let us know.