The 119002 – VECA from AVE is a Video Enhancer Compensator Amplifier - installs inline - both amplifies (x2) and enhances video signal. The VECA is an inline device to compensate for video degradation due to long cables. There are two controls on the VECA, one for Enhancing and the other for Gain.
- Installation - Connect the VECA inline with the video signal you wish to enhance. Adjust the gain so the over all video level at the monitoring end is returned to 1V P-P. Then turn on the Enhanceswitch and adjust clockwise unitl the picture is improved toyour satisfaction
- Adjustable Gain on Front Panel
- Gain - This control amplifies or attenuates the overall gain or video level of the signal. This can recover attenuated signals due to long cable runs up to X2 video gain. It can also attenuate the video gain if the video is too high or you up enhance to maximum
- Enhance - This control improves the video picture to get high quality by rectifying the picture contour. Move the control clockwise to increase the high frequency component of the video signal to enhance the picture. Turning the control all the way counter clockwise will attenuate the high frequency portion of the video for a soft look
- Enhance On/Off - If this switchis in the "Off" position the enhancement circuitry is turned off and the adjustment control makes no difference. In this positionthe user can adjust the proper overall video level. In the "On" Position the enhancement is enabled and one can adjust for optimum enhancement
- Default Factory Adjustment - The factory presets the Gain at unity X1 which is no amplification or attenuation. The enhancement adjustment is nominal and unity or X1 enhancement. The enhance switch is in the "Off" Position
- Power - The VECA uses a standard 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC Coax Plug for power. 12VDC @ 100ma is required
See any errors on this page? Let us know.