The black Mx2wire Info Module from MOBOTIX is equipped with Mx2wire technology and a second Mx2wire unit for mounting inside the building. It offers users not only the standard info module functions but also the option to connect and supply power to the door station via 2-wire cabling instead of a network cable. Using the Mx2wire system, an Ethernet network with PoE can be established using existing cables up to 1,640.4’ (500m). You can utilize a 2-wire cable that is no longer in use (analog telephone line, antenna cable or bell wire, for instance) to connect a 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet device such as a PC, WLAN, IP camera, IP telephone, or IP door station without having to lay any new cables or implement any other constructional measures. An (identical) Mx2wire unit is required at both ends of the cable, and it automatically configures itself as either the sender or the receiver. The significant additional benefit of Mx2wire is that in addition to data, the power to operate PoE end devices (Power over Ethernet according to the IEEE 802.3af standard, a MOBOTIX network camera, for example) can also be transferred via the 2-wire cable. Mx2wire is supplied via PoE from the network input cable. The connected end devices are supplied with up to 7W via PoE. Mx2wire does not therefore require its own power supply, as the network distributor (switch) typically supplies power over the data cables (PoE) so that the two Mx2wire units as well as the standard PoE end device are supplied power.
- 2-wire cables are used to connect 10/100 MB Ethernet devices
- Suitable to connect a PC, WLAN, IP camera, IP telephone, IP door station
- Data transfer distance up to 1640.4' (500m); data rate is up to 30 Mb/s, depending on distance
- Connected devices are supplied with up to 7W via PoE
- Simple installation in standard socket frames or surface-mounted sockets
- Developed and manufactured by MOBOTIX in Germany
Found a lower price? Complete this simple form:
See any errors on this page? Let us know.