The IFS® 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet to 2-Port SFP Industrial Media Converter is designed for the most demanding IP network applications offering the flexibility of SFP technology and wide operating temperature range. The MC352-4P-2S model provides full IEEE802.3-at (30w) PoE and serves as a PSE device.
This model converts 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet on copper to 100Base-X or 1000Base-X fiber via Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) technology. The media converter can be custom configured to your exact system design specifications by utilizing a variety of IFS SFP Mini-GBIC modules.IFS SFP Mini-GBIC modules are available in a variety of versions from multi-mode or single mode fiber, 1 or 2 fibers and wide-temperature versions. Flexible Drop-and-Repeat or Redundant Path Operation These models support 2 SFP ports that can easily be configured for either drop-and-repeat or redundant path operation. In drop and-repeat mode, the units operates like a 6-port switch and can be used as a repeater with an electrical drop or simply as an optical repeater/extender. In redundant path mode, the unit will quickly switch to the second SFP port as a redundant path if the primary optical path experiences an optical cable failure. Also, if the primary destination port link is down, the module will forward the data packet to the redundant path providing a highly fault-tolerant solution for mission critical IP applications.
- 10/100/1000 Base-SX/BX/LX/LHX/ZX and 100 Base-FX/BX/LX
- 10/100/1000Base-T: 2-pair Cat. 5e/6 UTP cable, up to 100 meters
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at and is backwards compatible with IEEE802.3af
- Inserts 52VDC (30w) power on Category network cable
- 2 SFP slots provide for custom configuration
- Optical fiber and distance varies by SFP (ordered separately)
- Plug-n-play installation
- Slim IP30 metal enclosure
- DIN-rail or wall-mounting
- 12 to 48 VDC, redundant power with reverse-polarity protection
- Alarm relay output for port breakdown and power-failure alert
- Complies with IEC60068-2-xx standards for free-fall,shock and vibration
- Wide operating temperature range of -40°C ~ +75°C
- Protects non-PoE devices if accidentally connected
See any errors on this page? Let us know.